Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Birthday Boy

My little man is 4.  Yes, Carter is still my smallest child, but so stinkin' cute! 


Carter is very smart and with that he has become somewhat mischievous and loves to do things 'secretly'. He's pretty darn good at it too. He can be a sneaky one.  :o)


Carter doesn't like pictures taken of him.  I think last year I took over 40 pictures at Halloween just to try and get a picture of him with his eyes open and at least looking somewhat at the camera.  This is the best I got.

If you know Carter, you know he loves movies.  Today on his birthday he wanted to watch movies.  So, as we speak, we are watching his favorite, Elmo.  

He also likes to play dress up.  This nice hot summer day they decided to play with the winter stuff.
Carter does not like his hair cut.
Carter loves his brother...most of the time they get along great.
People do not believe me when I tell them he is 4.  They think he and Cody are twins. Although they may be the same size, they are so different and over 2 years apart.
He loves his sister too...
I love when I get a genuine smile from Carter...it melts my little heart!
Carter loves to help cook.  His favorites are pop-up pancakes and noodles. 
Carter also loves reeses peanut butter cups.
His favorite color is 'all the colors'.
This year Carter picked spiderman as his birthday theme.
Here are some pictures from his party:
Some of the decorations...

The cake, Carter picked white funfetti cake...
The cupcakes
The party favors, and elmo plates :-)
The birthday boy in his birthday shirt.
Singing Happy Birthday
As soon as the the words "...happy birthday to y..." were sung, those candles were blown out.  He was ready!
Carter got many presents this year...spiderman undies!
Spiderman umbrella
Spiderman scooter
And much more...
We had a family party this year, maybe next year we'll attempt friends too??  We'll see...
Here's the crew (minus Gwen):

Happy Birthday Carter!
We love you so much and are so proud of the choices you are making in your life!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great party you threw! So fun!

Heather said...

What a cute party. That cake is impressive! It looks like he got lots of presents and had fun. I bet he loved every bit of it. We miss you guys being here in Aberdeen. I hope Emma is loving kindergarten.

Mark and Kiss said...

What a precious little guy! Great tribute to Carter and so fun to see all the pictures. I can't believe how grown up your "babies" are getting!

Krishele said...

Awesome cake!!! I'm yet to spend a minute on blogging to get Andrew's birthday fun up. It looks like you guys had a great time. Happy birthday Carter!!!