We were making all necessary preparations for the upcoming wedding in September. The last thing was to find a bridesmaid dress for me. The colors were beautiful but I couldn't find anything modest or dressy enough up by where we live, so we planned a day to go south where there were more malls and places to check out. We made a visit to the temple since we were down in that area.
The kids touching the temple.
I love this picture.
And as we drove into the mall parking lot and parked, the car blew up. Seriously, I thought the engine had blown up! At least we weren't driving when it happened because there was smoke everywhere! I quickly unloaded the kids and got as far away as possible from the car. It was a smokin' hot day and apparently a hose had broke spewing some sort of fluid everywhere. Yeah, that was fun. We grabbed the stroller and went into the mall. At least we were at a place with air conditioning, food, and plenty of stores to keep us busy. We called Greg and thankfully Ryan & Chrystal were in the area visiting the new IKEA so they planned to pick us up a few hours later. Well, we had come to shop, so shopping we did. And I found the perfect dress! With a little jacket, it will be PERFECT!
Thankfully I have a very handy husband who is very car savvy and was able to fix the car over the next couple of days. Now the car is for sale. :)
Oh and I made rolls...and they looked like rolls! haha, anyone who knows me knows this is something huge. I've done this in the past, but I had to take a picture because it doesn't always turn out this way. Someday I plan on mastering the art of bread every time! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment