Friday, February 17, 2012

Blue & Gold

With the month of February & a calling in scouting...the Blue & Gold Banquet was most likely going to happen.  :)  I was in charge of dessert...and I was excited.  Seriously, I had this grandiose idea in my head and I was ready to plan.  So I began by experimenting to see what type of cupcake to do...
 Lots of trial cupcakes...
 Some were filled...
 Some were tidied...
 Some were solid blue...
The finished trial run...
 The cupcake toppers were a hit. 
 The kids were so excited that we had so many cupcakes that needed to be decorated and eaten.  :)
Then came the real deal. The solid royal blue won the contest...
 They looked so cool!
 Of course I had to buy the gold cupcake liners...It made them look awesome!
 The finished product!  I did fill the insides with yellow butter cream so when everyone would bite into them, they would see the blue and 'gold'.
 Another Pinterest idea...the popcorn in vases...
The night turned out amazing.  And everyone thought we had had the cupcakes catered.  :) Awesome!

No comments: