Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Snow Day

So, Saturday we got our first snow storm! Yes, Idaho does have its great summer days and then all of a sudden, bam!, it's winter! Not much fall or autumn time, but I guess that's what we all get for living in good 'ole Idaho. We love it though! It didn't stop our plans either. Ever since we moved into this house, we've been meaning to rip out this old root cellar we've had in our backyard and it's been put off for over a year now while we've been doing various other things around the yard and house. Up until Saturday! I am SOOOOO thrilled to have this gone because it was such a hazard around the kids and dangerously filled with nasty spiders. (my ultimate enemy) There was boards on top of it and Carter just loved to walk on them and get around all the holes that were around the edge. He would try and run to it before I could catch him, but now, it is gone! Despite all the snow and rain and wind and cold (high of 32) Greg braved it all to drive 6 miles to and from getting the very drafty tractor that had no windshield or windows to rip this eye sore out of our yard. (sidenote: The tractor had a top speed of 15 mph. Thank you my hubby!) We knew it would only get put off until later and decided it was time. The guy at the dump thought we were nuts! Pulling up with 2 pickup loads of junk and trees we ripped out. :o) The trees were yucky ones that had overgrown in the wrong places and Greg had a lot of fun ripping it all out. It feels awesome to finally get a lot of this done. Now all that is left is to till the garden and hopefully mow the lawn once more before winter fully sets in. Hopefully the snow will melt here soon and we can finish up. Maybe this year we'll actually see the kids Halloween costumes without having to have them covered up in coats and boots!

Here is Greg with the snow and the tractor ripping out our junk in the backyard. (Having fun)
Here are the kids and Greg outside building a snowman (with cool cornstalk arms) and mommy taking a picture from the nice warmth of the house.



5 comments:

The Cleverley's said...

Yup that confirms it for me. You Idahoians are NUTS! Yard work in a snowstorm?!?!? We had rain this weekend and I couldn't bear the thought of going outside to get the mail!

Tara said...

Hey Tara,
It's Tara Simpson (Nelson)! I was blog hopping and came across your blog!!! SO CUTE! I am so happy to have run into you! How are things going? How's life? Your kids are adorable!!! :) you can visit our blog at:

www.simpsonclan04.blogspot.com

We would love to hear from you and add you to our friend list!!! Take Care and I would love to catch up on how you are doing!!!

Tara

Blake and Erica said...

Hey Tara,
It's Erica Mouser (Nelson). I was talking to Tara Simpson today and she told me that you were a blogger as well. I would love to catch up.

~Erica
www.mousermania.blogspot.com

Blake and Erica said...

You live in Aberdeen? Wow! How is it? Where do you live at there? I came to Aberdeen at the end of June to visit family. I wish I would have know you lived there I would have stopped by! I can't believe you drove truck while being preg.! Crazy Chick!!

Krishele said...

cute template! You'll have to share your secret cause I still have no idea about all that html stuff. I'm glad to hear that you got rid of that cellar. That would stink to be scared of your kids playing in their own backyard. Way cute blog though!