Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Cody!

My little man celebrated his 1st birthday today. How does something go from this...
...to this so quickly!?
Cody has brought so much joy into our family this past year; we don't know how we ever lived without him. We celebrated with 2 parties for him; one last week in Idaho and today here in Colorado. He has lots of toys now (thanks everyone!), but he mostly just wanted to eat the paper. HAHA, yes, Cody loves to eat paper, well, he loves to eat ANYTHING! :o) He is teething right now again and is working on the two side teeth ontop to join the 4 he already has. Today at church he was given the nicknames of Billy goat and sheepy. You must be asking why could that be? :o) If you would like to find out...annoy my son and you will find the answer. :o) He has a pre-cry that just sounds like a baaaing sheep or a billy goat sound. It is quite funny and I have yet to capture this amazing talent on my camera yet...I will post it when I do get it. Cody is crawling all around and loves to do the sit crawl with one leg. It is very cute and he knows it too. He has a really cute cheesy smile where he scrunches up his little nose and closes his eyes and smiles really big to show you his teeth. OH my! We all just laugh when he pulls this funny face and he'll keep going because he loves the reaction. I have yet to capture that moment also! I do need too! Anyway, we do love you our little Cody bear. We are excited to see you continue to grow and learn new things. Happy Birthday Cody! Enjoy the pictures below of our little man...

Here he is opening his presents today, he got a really cute little ball that rolls and wobbles around by itself.
All the many helpers helping Cody open his presents.


Okay, story time. My sister Breanna has this really cool ball pillow that is fuzzy and really soft. Cody loves her ball. Her ball is green. I thought, hmmm, Cody would love one of those balls and they happened to be on sale day-after-thanksgiving and there was still one at the store when we made it there. (not that we went just for that or anything). ANYWAY, he opened the ball tonight and is terrified of the thing! LOL, he won't go near it or even touch it. WOW, I thought I was doing him a favor, I guess not....

Here he is at his party last week. He sure loved his cake!

He is getting messier....
I love this face! He was done and couldn't figure out what was all over his face! YUM!

Here is party #1 and trying to dig in the cake during pictures.
The rest of the pictures are just of Cody in the past few months (seeing as his mom has been too busy to keep up on the whole blogging thing)...


One day I tried to put Cody and Carter in the same room for naps. Haha, the joke was on me. No sleeping happened and Cody was fast asleep in his high chair before dinner. :o)

Cody has the best hair! He has this really cool wave on top and it is so long and just oh so soft! I love it! This picture was right when he woke up...he was sure working on his hair-do most of the night.


Cody
loves Emma and Carter. He tries to follow everything they do.


Cody was a carebear for Halloween this year.

Here is Cody with Grandma and Poppy and uncle Cavin. He loves to go and play at their house and get Poppy treats!

And here he is around Halloween/Fall time. I can't believe my son is already trying to walk and is just growing up so fast.
Happy Birthday Cody!















4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, that year went way too fast! It looks like he got spoiled on his first birthday, just as it should be. :) He is so darn cute. Enjoy your Christmas!

Unknown said...

I cant believe its been a year already. It feels like yesterday that u had your new baby...time sure does fly by when u r a mother :)

Happy Birhday Cody!!

~erica

Springer Family said...

Your kids are all so cute! I really can't believe Cody is already one. Crazy how time flys.

Krishele said...

He's 1 already???!!! Holy smokes...we've got to come up with some way to keep them little!