Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A baby or not?

SO, here's the scoop. We are still pregnant. Yes, I guess I shouldn't be complaining because I am only 37 weeks, but here's what's been going on. Sunday morning, oh around 3:30 AM I started contracting about every 10 minutes and that lasted until Sunday at 5pm when we decided to go in and get checked out. Well, it had started snowing and was absolutely freezing outside by that time, but we went over anyways. They checked me out and said I was dilated to a 3! YAY I was thinking, this is it! well.....I should have thought no and then been surprised if they told us yes. I apparently wasn't a 'keeper' because in 3 hours I only progressed to a 4 and they said that wasn't fast enough and that because my contractions were 5 minutes apart I should go home. HUH?? Weird I thought, but we decided to stay in Poky that night because we didn't want to have to come back in all the snow and junk in the middle of the night if we had too. So, by morning I went in to my dr. and she said that I was effaced 50% and still a 4. Not a keeper still. Today when I had another appointment, the same. So, here we are stuck at a 4 and VERY uncomfortable. Contractions are sporadic and just plain painful. Yuck. I just wish it were here and that we could get on with it, but I guess little Cody doesn't want to come yet. I had Emma and Carter talk to him this morning and tell him that he should come out today, but he didn't' want to listen.

Ok, now that I have complained a bit, I decided to look at all the things that I have learned while being pregnant. Here goes...

1) I have been considering purchasing these:



Quite practical if you think about it...not very stylish, but it would sure solve the problem of bending over to try and tie laces... :o)
2) Ebay is the best way to shop for Christmas when you don't want to deal with the crowds of people.
3) Pregnant/maternity clothes get boring really fast.
4) The fact that I can actually be pregnant is a good one to be thankful for.
5) Husbands can be very patient people.
6) ok, so I can't think of any more right now, but I guess that is okay.

So, I hope this baby decides to come before Christmas, but if not, I guess he'll come when he's ready. Wish us luck and we hope that you're having a wonderful Christmas season!

4 comments:

Springer Family said...

I think he'll come soon. I'm kinda surprised they didn't keep you because I was a 4 and by the time we got there things slowed down, but then it sped up and she came. Cali came three weeks early so I guess it could happen. Good luck I hope he comes before Christmas so you can be comfortable. But I also want him to be healthy.

The Cleverley's said...

Tara, I feel so bad that you are having a rough time with this kid, however, I can say from experience that the hospital at Christmas time is NOT a fun thing. Soooo maybe it's not a bad thing that you get to enjoy some of the holidays in the comfort of your home..... Makes you appreciate what Mary had to go through and truly contemplate the miracle of Jesus' birth.

Goodwin Family said...

Good luck!! I hope he comes soon!! It sounds like you're so close!! :) I agree on the shoes during pregnancy! I loved being pregnant in the summer for one reason and one reason alone--flip flops!! :)

Brandon and Breanne said...

Hey Tara it is Breanne Lewis. Breann your sister in-law showed me you sit and here is ours. Yours is so cute. Let me know if you need anything ok and i hope your little comes soon for your sake.
http://brandonbreanne.blogspot.com/
I hope all is well and let me know when you want to start back up the play date.
Breanne