Have you met these two before? These two angels on earth? I sure have and I must tell you, I am indebted to them!
Despite all the things that went wrong the day before (broken glass, cut fingers, cleaning other peoples kids puke {double yuck}), Saturday was a WONDERFUL day. I felt like a new woman! Refreshed and renewed. After almost 8 straight hours of sleep and just lying in bed for 20 minutes listening to silence, it was so rejuvenating. 8 hours I tell you! It was bliss! I did wake up to kiss Greg goodbye at the wee hours of 6 AM (he had a scout meeting to go to). Teehee, I was so tickled that I could still stay in bed! I really shouldn't complain though because if one of the kids wakes up at night Greg is so willing to get them and help out. We have also been switching off on who gets up in the morning with the early-risers and that has been nice too, but this was PURE BLISS!
I was away from my kiddos for less than 24 hours, less than 18 even, but I must tell you that it was the best thing that could have happened at this time. I LOVED going to the temple with Greg and going on a date with him; not worrying about being back quickly to get a babysitter home. It was so fun to go shopping with Greg and just shop. We didn't even get back until after midnight, but that didn't matter because these two angels had offered to watch our kiddos overnight. Now, for some of you this might not seem so big, but we have had a TON going on lately and this was a very wonderful gift! Thank you thank you THANK YOU Ryan and Chrystal! (Plus, we are SO glad that Cody slept all night for them!...I was worried he would keep them up all night!)
So, here are a few more photos of these two angels that helped us refresh our parenting...enjoy!
Thanks again guys! We love you!




2 comments:
We had a great time and I am just glad you got to have a night off! I'd o it again in a heartbeat. Love you guys!
There just is nothing like having some time away that makes you a better parent. Everyone needs a break here and there. I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment