Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas & Tarzan

So, we decided to make our Christmas goodies at the beginning of December this year because I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to want to be making cookies and such. The kids had a blast rolling and cutting out the cookies. Carter just wanted to eat the dough. It kept him quite happy! Emma loves to bake anything and is such a big help in the kitchen. Here are some pictures of the fun cookie making time.




Greg and the kids frosted the cookies today while mommy was at a baby shower. They love it when Daddy is home and they can do fun things with him!
Also this week I decided it was about time to finish a project that I bought, oh, about 4 years ago...haha, yes, 4 years ago I purchased a tree skirt and stuff for way cute stockings and decor that all matched. I fell in love with it and had to have it, but I never did it. Who knows why I didn't do all these little projects when I had more time than I do now I will never know, but anyway, I pulled it out with the anticipation of getting it done! And after having the sewing machine out in the living room for a week now, it is done! YAY! And I love it! The stockings and other decor that matches it will just have to wait, this is about all that is getting done for now. :o)
Here is a close up of the tree skirt, isn't it just the cutest thing! I love this pattern!


Here is our beautiful tree this year. We have red lights on it and we love it! We purchased mostly non-breakable ornaments before our day of kids and are so grateful for that idea. The kids loved decorating the tree. Yesterday Emma decided that we didn't have enough presents under our tree, so she found my box of gift bags and started filling them. She has filled them with just about anything she thinks could be a good gift...so we have bags under our tree filled with who knows what?!? :o) She is so funny and has a great imagination, so we look forward to the day she decides it's Christmas and we all get to open our "gifts". :o) Maybe we'll find all the things we're starting to find missing? It is really cute though.

This was Carter's desired apparel for after dinner tonight. He found Emma's baby diaper bag and we found him like this munching on bread and sporting a new look....we think he looks like a jungle man, tarzan maybe? :o)
He had no idea that he looked this hilarious, just normal to a little boy.
(Notice Greg is the background...he is doing the dishes! He has been so patient and loving to keep on doing the dishes after his lazy wife started complaining about having too many contractions after bending over too much. What more could a girl want? I love my hubby!)


Oh, how cute!

4 comments:

Springer Family said...

Really cute tree skirt. I don't have one and I think I am going to make one to have for next year.

The Cleverley's said...

I don't have a baby on the way and we still made Christmas cookies early. Good luck with the contractions I hope they slow down for you, just rest as much as possible, it sounds like Greg is doing a good job at keeping up on things. Don't you love having a helpful husband?!?!?

Krishele said...

I love the Tarzan look! I told Jason that we should stuff random things in gift bags to put under the tree to look like we have a bit more under there...and who knows, maybe if we use the kids toys, they'll actually think they are getting a new toy for Christmas...even if it is used...by them. Hey, it's an idea anyway!

I like the tree skirt...very nice. I we got ours after Christmas on clearance for like $2 and you can tell. It's that really thin felt stuff....oh well, hopefully we can spread out the loot enough that you can't really tell. But I think you're great for taking on all of these projects...and pregnant. Very impressive.

The Nicolaysens said...

Your kids are so cute! And I love that tree skirt - I can't believe you found the time to get it done :) and you only have 26 more days to go! I am so excited for you - how are you feeling?