Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A surprise!

For about a week we had been telling Emma that we had a huge surprise for her.  She was begging nightly for us to tell her what it was, but we waited until the morning of the surprise to tell her. We were headed to Pittsburgh to visit my brother & his family!  My niece Kate was getting baptised.
 
This was one of the funnest surprises Greg & I have ever pulled off.  It was so fun to see the excitement in her eyes and to know how much fun we were going to have.  (Here's a huge thank you to a wonderful husband who made it possible for Emma & I to take a week off & go on a mini vacation...thanks babe!). 
We were on the way to the airport when Emma read her letter explaining where we were going.  She was SO excited!  We said goodbye to Dad & the boys & boarded the plane...
And before we knew it, we were in Pittsburgh!  We had a lot of fun celebrating Kate's birthday
 We took a visit to the Pittsburgh zoo...
 Touching the stingrays
 Grandma & the kiddos
 Kate & Emma were inseparable. They sure have missed living closer to one another.
This gorilla was hilarious. 
 He just sat around staring at us looking quite bored.
 The elephants were fun to see too.
 And my favorite....the flamingos!
I love this picture!  Breanna with the sharks!
 I loved all the beautiful flowers they had...many different ones than we have in Denver...and they have a ton of trees...everywhere.
 The peacock was putting on a show for us.
 I think this was the polar bear cage, or possibly the seals, but the girls loved watching the animals and we sure had a fun day in the big city.
 

No comments: