Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pittsburgh Continued...

The landscape in Pittsburgh is so very different than Colorado.  There are trees everywhere and unless you know where you are going, I would be lost every minute because I couldn't see much of anything besides the road and a ton of trees.  It was very different to not see the plains and mountains around, but beautiful.  I hear it is even more beautiful when all the trees are covered in leaves.  :)  While riding in the car I kept trying to get pictures of the many rivers throughout the city, but the trees kept getting in the way.  :)
 Here we are crossing one of the rivers.  There were also a ton of bridges crossing all the rivers throughout the city.
 They had many old churches throughout downtown...so beautiful!
 This was my riding buddy, Andrew...he was exhausted after our zoo trip!
 Downtown
 And then of course my phone/camera battery died and I no longer have any pictures of this fun day.  But we went to Hard Rock Cafe, then took a tram up the side of the hill to see the city at night.  It was so beautiful!  On the way home we experienced a huge downpour of rain.  We had so much fun!
 
Then it was time for the main event.  Kate's baptism!  Krishele did an amazing job on her hair, it was so beautiful!
 Emma & Kate
 Breanna killing time with my phone...
 Aw....the many faces of Breanna.... :)
Breanna and I had too much fun being roommates for the weekend.  :)  I don't think we got much sleep and we laughed a ton!  haha, she's so fun!
 Emma & Kate spent every waking moment together
 Emma bought Kate a best friends necklace so they could remember each other.
 And before we knew it, it was time to go home.
 Getting ready to fly home.
 Emma had fun on these machines throughout the airport that had games for kids on them.
 Flying home in style...she chose this huge leopard from the zoo so of course he needed his own seat.  :) 
Thanks to all the family and friends who helped out while we were gone and thanks to Jason & Krishele for allowing us to come and visit you!  We had so much fun!

No comments: